Yesterday, I had the lovely surprise of receiving a Liebster Award from the awesome Yarns, Books and Roses. Thank you so much for your kind nomination. I got a lot of inspiration from your beautiful projects (a few are now in my Ravelry queue, lol) and thanks to you I discovered a lot of gorgeous yarn I had never heard of before. Honestly, it feels good! I started this blog a few months ago as I was experiencing a weird loneliness in my crafting adventures and I wanted to connect with people sharing the same passion, the same need to craft, the same addiction. Since then, through my blogging journey, I discovered fantastic blogs and I will nominate my favourite ones at the end of this post. Please make sure to check them out!
As an award winner, I have to answer a few questions selected by Yarns, Books and Roses, so let’s go!
- What are three of your very favorite books?
Before I started knitting
seriously obsessively, I used to read a lot. I still read but more occasionally about 1 or 2 hour(s) a week. One book or should I say one book serie that I definitely loved is Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. This is the first book I read in English (I am French…) and even at that time when my English was not that good I was completely taken away by the story, the characters, the Magic. I remember buying each new book on the day of their release in their English version while my friend had to wait the French version to be released a few weeks later. So hard for me not to spoil…
The second book is Perfume by Patrick Süskind. It is crazy how this book is so well named! I read it a long time ago as a student and I still remember the very vivid sensation of actually smelling the odours that the author describes page after page. This book is really one of a kind.
The third one would be a book I read this year, The truth about the Harry Québert affair by Joël Dicker. I just didn’t want to close the book and say goodbye to the characters. Such an amazing plot, absolutely breathtaking!!!
2. Where do you get your best ideas?
My Online sources are Pinterest, Instagram, Blogs, YouTube knitting Podcasts. My Real World sources are my local library (amazing choice of books and magazines about knitting, yarns, fibers,…) and any crafting and yarn stores that I can find (I feel like a kid in a candy shop, I could stay there for hours…literally…).
3. What does your work (crafting) area look like? Pictures, please!!
I try to keep it clean and organized but it is like some elves come when I am away and pile things up. Here is a pic!
4. Are you hoping to make gifts for Christmas this year? Share!! (Please do this one. I need ideas…)
At the office, every year, we do what we call a Secret Santa and we all draw the name of a colleague to which we will offer a gift of about a $20 value. I am thinking about knitting in advance a hat or a scarf that could fit both a man and a woman so I get to give something nice and personal!
5. What is your favorite (handmade) gift that you have received from somebody else?
My mother knitted me some pairs of socks to keep me warm during the Cold Canadian winter. She leaves in France and I miss her and my father so much. I just love to wear those socks made with yarn and love.
Now it is my turn to nominate some fellow bloggers to whom I would like to give a Liebster Award. I enjoy reading your blogs a lot for your creativity, personality, and inspiring projects so I hope you will accept this award 😉
- Miss Patina
- Daniella Joe’s Blog
- My Tangled Yarn Knitting Adventures
- Bored Little Piggy
- Kill to Craft
As an award winner you must:
- Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award medal (logo) onto your own blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you and give thanks.
- Answer the questions put to you by the person who nominated you. This is a great way to get to know the people behind the blogs. The number of questions have vary from 5 to 11 depending on who is asking.
- On your blog nominate and link to your 5 favourite blogs (or more) that you enjoy but have a small readership (the rules have varied from less than 200 to less than 3000 readers). It could be that they have only been blogging for a short time or have a niche interest but are worthy of gaining more attention in the wider blogging world. That means the blogs of large, commercial enterprises are not eligible for nomination; nor are blogs that are well publicised in a variety of media and established with tens of thousands of followers.
- List your questions for your Liebster Award nominees on your blog.
- Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their blogs.
Here is my list of questions to you, please pick five or more that you would like to answer. Have fun!
- What was your last travel?
- What is your favourite color?
- If you had one yarn to knit with for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your favourite Finished Object?
- What is the craft, technique that you never tried before and that you would like to learn?
- If you watch TV, what is your favourite program?
- What are your favourite knitting needles or crochets made of : wood, plastic, metal,…?
- What is your favourite season?
- What book(s) are you currently reading?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
Happy Knitting !!!